1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before:
Went on a girls only trip (while married with a kid).
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more next year?
I wanted to be more on top of everyones' birthdays, but see all of my blog posts regarding my nephews' birthdays. Probably not. I don't want to let myself down.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had several friends give birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I am not very good with geography, but I went to Chinatown. Kidding. We went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. All I know is that I needed a passport to get there, so it was most likely out of the country.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More patience and less worry.
7. What dates in 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Oh my, this was a year of many unexpected things.
1. September 10 (A's surgery)
**2. February in general (getting pregnant (with no fertility meds with twins, miscarrying twins))
3. May (my parents moved here)
4. April 25 (A's first birthday)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I lost a few pounds.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't trust God enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tide to Go pen, and the plate I took to a Dirty Santa party with a very old picture of my brother in law from 1991 on it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Probably Amelia. She's the only one who can throw a huge fit and everyone still thinks it's cute. And she finally walked.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't have time to worry about how other people behave.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My kid. And I think we lost a lot of our investments like everyone else on the planet.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When Amelia moved her new thumb for the first time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Elmo's World, unfortunately.
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner (I think)
c) richer or poorer? poorer in money, richer in blessings
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Everytime Amelia said "Love you."
22. What was your favorite tv program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Who has time?
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I really like Darius Rucker's country cd he just made. Former Hootie and the Blowfish singer.
26. What did you want and get?
Peace about Amelia's health issues.
27. What did you want and not get?
A big, fat check from the lottery.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Who knows, we never go to movies.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
33, and I can't remember. I think Brad and I just went out to eat.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasureably more satifsfying?
If Amelia would consistently eat.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
That's funny. What's fashion?
32. What kept you sane?
My family, especially Brad.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Perez Hilton. Totally trashy but keeps me informed on the latest celeb gossip.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election in general. I am not very political.
35. Who did you miss?
My grandparents who have never met Amelia.
36. Who was the best new person that you met?
Lisa, who gives me pedicures.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Stop trying to fit in when you were made to stand out.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
La la la la
La la la la
**Don't freak out if you didn't know this already. I didn't go around telling the whole world. God obviously gives us things He thinks we can handle, and He clearly knew I could not handle twins with a 17 month old. In other words, please don't leave a million comments about this situation.
12 hours ago