Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An Observation

I decided about a month ago to enroll Amelia in My Gym to help her gain some mad skills in her motor development. Well, not really mad skills, but just skills in general. My kid can hold a complete conversation with you, but when it comes to climbing and jumping, lets be honest, it's not pretty. So far, she loves it. Much more so than swimming.

Today they had a gymnastics bar that she could swing on. My first thought was that she might not be able to hold on that great due to the lack of strength she has in her left hand. She proved me wrong though. Later on in the class one of the teachers was assisting kids with playing on the bar, too. I noticed that she was eyeing up her left hand and I started to say something about how she might not do that great, blah blah blah. But I didn't. Why should I always have a disclaimer?

About 10 minutes later while Amelia was swinging, her teacher came up to me and said, "I just noticed that Amelia is missing a pinkie." "Now that's a new one," I thought. So, I went into the Reader's Digest version about her hand. She just kind of shrugged and off she went.

So, it's been 9 1/2 months since her surgery. One person has noticed her hand. Or at least one person has said something to me about it. I'd say she's going to blend right in with the rest of the world that has 10 fingers, wouldn't you say?

0 Talk to Me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...