Tuesday, February 23, 2010

See You Next Year

Amelia had her 6 month check up at Scottish Rite today. Note to self: make next appointment at 9 am. We were out of there in record time. Don't get me wrong, I love love love Scottish Rite, but I abhor the amount of time we usually spend waiting. Amelia had x-rays today for the first time since her surgery. We got to see a side by side comparison of her hands, and the doctor explained what bone was shaved down, where the growth plate is and how it is still open, and how the base of her thumb looks stable. I explained how "cool hand" has taken on a life of "his" own and shockingly her surgeon didn't send any of us to the psych unit, but he did give me a strange look. Let me clarify: Amelia claims "cool hand" is a boy. He is often in time-out and grabs toys from her right hand. And she can't kiss him because he's a boy. Oh the imagination of a soon-to-be 3 year old. But the best news we got all day was that we didn't need to return for a year. We also met another family with an 11 year old daughter that had pollicization at 2 years old. Pretty cool. Guess that means we will be going to Scottish Rite for a loooong time. Oh, and the term "Radial Dysplasia" is soooo 2007. It's now Radial Longitudinal Deficiency. You know, just in case you were interested.

2 Talk to Me:

Becky

I love that her hand has taken on it's own persona. That is too dang cute!

Newberry

That is awesome, Catherine! I love to hear stories about what Amelia's cool hand is doing--it's hilarious! What else would you expect from a very smart and creative almost three year old. I love that sweet girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...