Monday, August 22, 2011

Keeping it Real


This is what my living room looks like tonight and what is snuggled up next to me on the couch as I type this. Some of that laundry has been in the dryer since several days ago. Usually I have the girls pick up before going to bed. There are days when I wonder what the point of that is since it's all going to be out again the next day. Ideally, I'd love to give 3/4 of these toys to someone that really needs them. I just don't know where to start. Before kids, my house was immaculate (I think it was---it's hard to remember, but I'm telling myself it was.) I have definitely let my OCDness take a back seat somewhat. It's just impossible to keep up. I'd be a total nut-job if I didn't.

Today Ella had an EPIC tantrum at Target. My mom finally got to experience that with me. I'm sure she could have been happy to not have been there. It sucked. Like I said, I'm keeping it real. She screamed, flailed, held on to our legs, gagged because she was crying so hard, and threw herself on the floor. All because we wanted her to walk and not be carried. She HATES riding in a cart. It was embarrassing. It was infuriating. It was funny. Then it became infuriating again. I was physically and mentally exhausted after it was over. It stinks being the parent of "that kid."

Ok, that's as real as I want to get tonight. I've got some cleaning up to do!






1 Talk to Me:

Nancy

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it will get better. When they are young, the "mess" is just what you have most of the time. I think all of us moms have been through all of the situations at some time in our lives. Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...